Sunday, April 3, 2011

Waiting for Eden

Romans 8:20 Against it's will everything on earth was subjected to God's curse.

Not only did God curse man, woman, and the snake (still grateful He didn't take our legs from us) but the world was cursed along with us. Our sin affects others, not just ourself. While reading this I bet your mind went to a time when you were affected by someone else's sin. It happens, and we do it to others as well (of this I am ALL to guilty). The earth was not made to be this way, WE were not made to be this way. But we wait. Waiting for the promise of being made new, of salvation, of being with God for all eternity. Creation waits along with us. Today when I go outside (i'm stuck at work..boooo) I'm going to take in creation with new eyes. With eyes of fellow creations in a waiting room. I'll tell myself that this yappy dog whom I'm dogsitting and doesn't know the meaning of "quiet" is simply waiting for Christ. The trees, squirrels, birds and all creatures are cursed and waiting, just like me, for God's promise of freedom.
That being said.....


Romans 8:21 All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

Can I get a Halleujah! Honestly, this verse made my heart do little flips. What a promise! I'm still in awe.
Like us, creation experiences death. Flowers lose their brillance, trees lose their leaves, and animals are either subjected to the food chain or get old and pass away. But they are anticipating the day when that will be no more. The day when the symphony of creation will sound like beautiful music once again.

Romans 8:22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

Now..you're probably expecting something like "with all of these earthquakes and natural diasters it's coming soon" I don't know. No one does. I wait eagerly for that day, but when it is I have no clue. To be honest there is some stuff I want to do on earth before BUT that is my own immaturity shining through. I pray that God shows me that His glory is infinitely better than getting married or raising children and a family. Those are my earthly desires, but His glory will be so much better. I sincerely hope he'll change my heart in that. This world is not my home, but I'm treating it as if it were. I need to be ready to go at a moment's notice, but right now I have TONS of proverbial packing to do.

Time to meditate a little more while I close up shop (literally) These past couple of days have been challenging but God shines through, I wish I went to him more often when my life seems to fall apart. I'm getting better though. My life will NEVER fall apart while He is in it. "All of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship"

And all this talk of coming glory reminds me the song "Eden" by Phil Wickham (if you've read anything else or know me you know my complete and utter respect and love of Phil Wickham ^_^)

and for the acoustic lovers (like myself)


ok...REALLY have to go now ^_^

No comments: