Friday, April 8, 2011

He knows me and loves me anyway

Romans 8:29 For God knew his people in advance and he chose them to become like his son, so that his son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters

To be honest, this verse did not sit well with me earlier today. Trying to grasp that God would choose who his people are and who aren't, that did not bode well.
But that's not what this is saying, that is what I inferred from it. Of course I see what I want to see in scripture and sometimes that isn't always the truth.
God knows. He does not exist in the realm of time. If time were a line on a sheet of paper, He would be the paper. He exists everywhere on the line at once.
God knew us before we were formed. He watched us in the womb. He knows us. He knows who we were in the past, who we are now, and who we will be. In that sense he knows us better than we know ourselves.
AND STILL LOVES US
As the verse prior says He has worked everything out for our good and for His ultimate glory, which we will share in when we claim our inheritance.
Jesus (if you notice) was the first to have a intimate relationship with God. He was allowed in the presence of God because He was without sin. He is the firstborn of a long line of brothers and sisters washed by his blood and made right with the Father. We can have an intimate relationship (and take it for granted) because of the sacrifice of the firstborn son. When I think of the relationship between God and Jesus I liken it to Abraham and Isaac. Abraham loved Isaac more than anything, but because God told him to he was willing to sacrifice his son. God did what Abraham could not. No one came and told God that he was off the hook, there was no goat in the bushes. God sent his son for the purpose of saving his creation and conquering sin.
I'm far, far, far from worthy to be a sister of Jesus. My gratitude is unspeakable.
Praise God for saving me. He didn't have to. He would be glorious and good either way but he did. Praise His Holy Name!

No comments: