Sunday, March 13, 2011

Emotions

One of the worst things about being a girl: High flying EMOTIONS. Ugh. I hate when I feel like my emotions are taking me over, a mutiny is what that is. I once read that my feelings are not reality and I try to keep that in mind when I feel like I'm insane. Anger and frustration are big ones for me. It's a family thing apparently. One thing sets me off and I'm through but it only lasts for MAYBE a day. We also throw things, that's fun. My cousin and I were just talking the other day about our habits when we're angry. Apparently it skipped a generation and we inherited our grandmother's love of throwing things, lucky us.
BUT that is not why I'm writing this. I read this today and it hit close..
"Our words can only treat the symptoms. Only God can heal the disease of uncontrolled emotions...Something makes us furious; then someone tries to "talk some sense into us." We feel a little better and pledge to put our anger away forever. Then, here it comes again with the power of gale-force winds. Our emotions negatively ignited can be more powerful than we are. Our best recourse when negative emotions begin controlling us is to fall before the throne of grace and seek God. Take solace in the fact that Christ knows how it feels to be tempted by feelings (Heb 2:18; 4:15)"

yeah....it got me.

No comments: