Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alive

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”
Romans 15:4
This verse holds SO much
Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us. Thousands of years later the Word that was given still teaches and changes lives, still encouraging and stepping on our pride.
So often I forget that what I’m reading has infinitely more impact that I let it have. I can let God change me through His word. Millions of believers meet in secret throughout the world with only the Bible as their main source of encouragement and here I sit with a plethora of resources around me, books to read in addition to the Bible because honestly sometimes the Bible isn’t enough for me.
It should be.
I love that book. I love the One who inspired it. I love the One that is found throughout its pages even though He might not be mentioned.
I love the One whose fingerprints are on every page, in every word. I love Him.
Yet why does it seem so commonplace?
Why is my life not radically changed by it?
Why won’t I let it.

No comments: