Saturday, July 31, 2010

They entertain me...which is good because they're entertainers.

Of all the actors and actresses that I have stored in my rolodex of a brain. Of all the movies i've watched, the shows i've watched and the...well there's really nothing else for actors and actresses is there except for plays...i like plays but to my knowledge i've never seen these people on stage. These five people i will go see anything they're in, watch any show, and let a squeal of delight escape when i see their face
My Top 5 Actors/Actresses
(these are in no particular order...just the order that my brain thought of them)
1. Jane Lynch
This woman makes me ridiculously happy. I was surprised by her guest appearance in Psych as Chief Vick's older sister and she has continued to delight me with her surprise appearances (Best in Show and Julie and Julia)
She's has the Greg Kinnear effect on me and I love it.









2. Emma Thompson
She has captured my heart on more than one occasion but never more so than her character in Love Actually. I just wanted to hug her and tell her she is loved. She played my favorite character in Much Ado About Nothing and also was absolutely gorgeous in Sense and Sensibility (which is hard to do with Kate Winslet as a sister) I was surprised by her in Stranger than Fiction, definitely not expecting one of my favorite actresses to be in the movie. I also love that recently she has given up being glamorous in movie and portraying character like Nanny McPhee and Professor Trelawney. That is the mark of a wonderful actress





From the movie Gorgeous...i LOVE that movie
3. Jackie Chan
Do I really need to explain?? I've loved Jackie Chan since before Jackie Chan was cool. I remember as a kid watching "Who Am I?" and "Gorgeous" What ten year old loves Jackie Chan that much...i mean REALLY? I watched the cartoon and never one denounced my love of this amazing Chinaman. ---> from the movie Gorgeous...my favorite Jackie Chan movie




4. Alton Brown
yes...he's only on the food network but the guy is AMAZING.
"Brown notes that he was dissatisfied with the quality of cooking shows airing on American television, so he set out to produce his own show. In preparation, he enrolled in the New England Culinary Institute, graduating in 1997. Brown says that he was a poor science student in high school and college, but he focused on the subject to understand the underlying processes of cooking."
HE'S THE BILL NYE OF COOKING!!!
and that's why i love him =)




5. Greg Kinnear
this is where Greg Kinnear differs from the rest of my favorite actors/actresses. I never seek out Greg Kinnear movies. I never see a movie JUST because Greg Kinnear is in it. Greg Kinnear is always that special surprise waiting for me within a movie. And that, my friends, is the Greg Kinnear Theory. Every time Greg Kinnear shows up in a movie I always say "oh..Greg Kinnear...i LOVE Greg Kinnear!" You've Got Mail, Ghost Town, Stuck on You, and As Good As It Gets...just to name a few
Mystery Men (just thought of it) I saw that movie for William H Macy alone. Love it! Janine Gurfalo was a plus though

No comments: