Monday, February 28, 2011

Speculated Love Story

Every girl wonders how her love story is going to play out. Will it be something akin to a Meg Ryan or Hugh Grant movie? Will I want nothing to do with him until he falls in love with me as Elizabeth Bennett did in Pride and Prejudice? Or will my prince take one look at me and want to marry me much like the princesses that ruled my childhood? I don't know....

BUT....
I can make an educated guess.

My speculated story is simple.
It follows two lines from songs sung by Belle.
“Here’s where she meets Prince Charming but she won’t discover that it’s him ‘til chapter three”
This is COMPLETELY me. I’m so oblivious it’s ridiculous. Who knows, I may have already met the person God has for me. But God’s timing is perfect whether we’ve met or not. I can see myself being friends with someone and then realizing later just WHO they are and wondering why I didn’t see it before.


and then after I realize that this is the man God has prepared for me I’ll probably think this:
“New and a bit alarming.
Who'd have ever thought that this could be?
True that he's no Prince Charming
But there's something in him that I simply didn't see”
Relationships in general tend to alarm me. The next one is the last one I plan to have.
I’m not expecting Prince Charming. I don’t want perfection. I want someone whose weaknesses mirror my strengths and vice versa, someone to serve God with.
THAT is my Prince Charming


But who knows the plan except the Father. I trust that He will work out things for my good. Who knows when I will meet this man. Could be today or years from now.
But when he comes I know one thing
I’ll be ready

No comments: