Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day

Yesterday two of my closest friends vowed to love and cherish each other til death. Even sitting here I want to cry happy tears at the sight of my mind's eye. I have never seen anything so beautiful, so wonderful, and so right. For the past two years these friends have shown me what true commitment is, despite all of the odds stacked against them. And now they are getting ready to go on their honeymoon cruise and reaping all of the benefits of being "just married" and knowing Alex like I do...I KNOW he is using the "we're on our honeymoon" line like crazy. 
His face when he saw her was priceless....I don't think he was able to move for a minute or two. 
I'm just so overcome with joy and happiness that I want to spill over and just watching them glide around the room (opposite sides of course...I love how that happens at weddings) and watching them share this special day with friends and family. I know this is a day I will lock in my memory to save for a time when it seems everything is against me. I can look back on this day, smile, and know that life is wonderful

No comments: