Sunday, July 17, 2011

We were considered sheep to be slaughtered

Ever have those moments when passages in the bible suddenly make sense and you sit there dumbfounded and mouth gaping.....
('O')
welcome to right now.

I'm doing a study on Paul and his heart for Jesus by Kay Arthur (high recommend her)

I read this verse "Just as it is written, 'For your sake we are being put to death all day long, we were considered as sheep to be slaughtered" Romans 8:36

and then I kept reading...not truly knowing the gravity of the first verse

ok...yeah...being put to death all day, More of Christ, less of me. Carry my cross, put my sinful nature to death
ok.

"We were considered sheep to be slaughtered"

Have you every HEARD a sheep being slaughtered?

No?

You won't. They don't make a sound. You hear a pig being slaughtered a mile away, but you will not hear a sound from a sheep.
And that is how we should be. Trials come, life downpours on us and we are tempted at every turn, but that is why Jesus tells us to place our burdens upon him.

The world will see us go through this life and it's troubles and wonder why we're different. Our trials are no better than theirs, we aren't superhuman, so WHY are we reacting so weirdly? The world should look at us and see that which is not in the world.

Everything is for God's sake and once that is put into a reality in our lives we can gladly bear it because of the love we have for him and the even greater love he has for us.
Do I do this? Not even a little. The phones go crazy at work and I'm the first one huffing and puffing. But that needs to stop.

I pray that day by day, myself and you who are reading this, sees life from a eternal perspective, to see that everything good and bad is for the glory of Christ. And when asked what sets you apart that you have the courage to say
 "My Savior"


sidenote: HOW IN THE HECK DID I MISS THIS IN MY ROMANS 8 STUDY!
geez...
further proof that you can read the bible a million times and get something different and life altering each time

No comments: