Saturday, December 18, 2010

I've read this a thousand times

I've noticed lately that I am interested in books that I have tried to read before and was bored out of my mind.
Conclusion: You have to reach a certain level of maturity to read certain books

I first noticed this when I started reading Little Women. A book whose first chapter I skipped because I had read it a thousand times all of a sudden captured my heart. I couldn't put it down. A novel that just depicts the lives of four sisters. So simple and so lovely. And I have loved the movie since I was a girl. I mean who wouldn't....it's Christian Bale....as Laurie (one of my first loves)
But I digress....



And now I'm reading Wuthering Heights. I've read the first couple of pages more times than I can count. I vivdly remember when he made the dogs mad and they were ready to attack.
What I don't remember is how awesome this book is. It's not like anything I've ever read. The only way I can think of to describe it as of now (i'm not finished) is raw and ruggedly wonderful. Not flowerly or superflous. Just a haunting story.
And I can't WAIT to watch the movie! I love movie adaptations of classic novels, which is nice because they are very easy to come by.

And now I shall continue to read this classic piece of literature...and knit....i love multitasking!

No comments: