Sunday, February 28, 2010

Treasures

Tonight I'm teaching a kids class at church. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous. I haven't taught small kids in years and now that my siblings are turning into young adults I'm more used to talking to kids that are in middle school instead of kindergarten. But I'm excited and hope I haven't lost the ability I once had. (I almost said touch but that could be taken SO wrong lol)
The lesson is based all around money and what you treasure.  "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (verse)
What do I treasure? Looking over my bank statements I treasure food and woot shirts. I can rationalize that though, I NEED food to sustain myself. The woot shirts? It's one shirt for 10 dollars! And once it's gone I can never get it for that price again (I never said it was a good rationalization)
I do believe that most of my treasure lies above. I won't say all of it because that would just be lying to myself and you, but most of it God has. I'm literally paying for when my treasure was myself and will be for a couple more years. I'm still learning how to use God's money and how to make my treasure Him and Him alone

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" Colossians 2:2-3

No comments: