Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010


I know I am just another New Year's blog but it's ok. I'm looking forward to this year. I've had this insatiable appetite for knowledge lately, reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've compiled a list of books for this new year. Books that have made a difference in Christianity and many that I have pilfered from some trusted pastors top 5 list (The Louisville Project) I have a terrible, TERRIBLE time finishing books. Most of the times I just flit from one book to another. But I am committed to read these books and more this year, read them from cover TO cover. I pray that as I grow and learn, Christ's light will shine through me. I want nothing more than to know Him and have others know Him. I pray my relationship with Him is strengthened, that we will be like two books whose pages are woven together. This year will be interesting and I'm more than a little excited about it. So let's BEGIN!!



Book list

  • Trellis and the vine -- Colin Marshall and Tony payne
  • Counterfeit gods -- Tim Keller
  • Pursuit of God -- A. W. Tozer
  • The Reason for God -- Tim Keller
  • The Prodigal God -- Tim Keller
  • Knowledge of the Holy -- A. W. Tozer
  • Operation World -- Patrick Johnstone
  • Desiring God -- John Piper
  • The Cost of Discipleship -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
  • Through the Gates of Splendor -- Elisabeth Elliott
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion -- Boyd
  • The Hole in Our Gospel -- Stearns
  • Jesus' Plan for a New World -- Richard Rohr
  • Blue like Jazz -- Donald Miller
  • Crazy Love -- Francis Chan
  • Forgotten God -- Francis Chan
  • The Radical Cross -- A.W Tozer
  • In His Steps -- Charles Sheldon
  • Walking With God -- John Eldredge


So that's the list for now...hopefully more will be added!!

No comments: